Friday, May 22, 2015

Swept Away - J. S. Cooper

https://www.goodreads.com/series/136231-swept-away


The Swept Away Series by J.S. Cooper...  Illusion and Disillusioned are full length novels that follow the story line. Charade is a Novella about Bianca and her interaction with David. Masquerade is a Novella about Jakob. Resolution will not be released until December! DECEMBER!

Disillusioned had such a cliff hanger ending, when I picked up Masquerade I could not believe I had to read back story when I am just dying to know how all this madness ends! Let me break it down into the most elementary summary I can come up with, Bianca and Jakob had some screwed up parents. The lies and deception of the parents have infiltrated their children's lives. Everyone is lying and scheming and it's hard to tell which way is up. I found myself thinking, "oh I know what happened," and then, "NO!" that's not what happened at all. There is so much going on in this story I'm not sure how I could even explain it to anyone. There is a smoking hot romance going on between Bianca and Jakob despite all the craziness going on around them. I generally stay away from a series that is not complete, because I am very impatient. I love this series, I hate it has a cliffhanger.

I received Masquerade from Netgalley for an honest review. I will say I found this novella interesting because it explains more about the Board Meeting and interaction that Jakob and Bianca had before they were kidnapped. It also fills in some wholes about the kidnapping itself. It's not completely necessary to read the Novellas in my opinion but they do provide some information that is not provided in the main books (or maybe I am just disgruntled because I sooo want to read Resolution!)

Be assured that I have December 1st marked on my calendar! Can't wait to read the conclusion of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment