Wednesday, May 13, 2015

All Played Out - Cora Carmack

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22249707-all-played-out
I always struggle when I review Ms. Carmack's books. I struggle to portray some semblance of an intelligent  person who can put together a review without crazy fan girling on the author. I realize I'm a few years past the target audience for New Adult Fiction. Okay, let's be honest I'm way closer to 40 than I am 30, (according to Wikipedia the target audience for this Genre is 18-30) but I just adore these books soooo much. I find it hard not insert a squee or a woo hoo here or there. In fact I was enjoying this book so much, when I got to the Epilogue I put it down and did some house cleaning just so the story wouldn't be over! I was so sad to see it end. Alright, now that all of that has been said, deep breath. Let me tell you about this story.

All Played Out follows the story of Nell and Mateo (who we know as Torres). Nell is a Rusk University senior about to graduate and realizes she hasn't fully lived the college experience because of her intense focus on her studies. She makes a to-do list of things she wants to accomplish socially before graduation. Mateo is more than willing to help her out with her list and even gives her some interesting list suggestions. This is a witty and charming story of living life to it's fullest. This book is incredibly entertaining, serious when it needs to be, steamy in spots, and just an overall fantastic read. In my January review of All Broke Down I said I loved loved loved it. Well, I loved this one even more. Once again Ms. Carmack has given us a well developed story with loveable characters. Although I anticipate it to be a completely emotional read, I can't wait to read Stella's story.

I was originally going to include a quote or two from the book, but when I looked back I had bookmarked so many things I couldn't choose just a few without practically quoting the whole book and I have already surpassed my normally short and sweet review criteria. I will close with this, add this book to your to-read list, you won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment