Monday, July 23, 2012

The Chair that Tried to Kill Me...

I had a wonderful weekend, aside from the horrific encounter I had with a lawn chair on the carport. It all started off innocently enough. I was sitting there talking with the family, and decided to scoot back a bit in my chair. It is funny how fast life can change, one moment I am sitting in the chair and the next I realize I am falling backwards and landing on the concrete with a thud. Yes a thud. It took several minutes (or what seemed liked minutes) to regain the use of my lungs. My mother, the concerned one, rushed to my side and screeched Do I need to call 911? I could not speak. However, as the scene of the ambulance rushing to my aid played out in my brain I felt I must make some sort of indication that I was still in the land of the living. NO I gushed, I just need a minute. Then as the air rushed back into my lungs I began to hysterically laugh. My family just hovered over me gawking. I finally peeled myself off the concrete to assess the damage. My right hip and elbow had taken the brunt of the force. My horrified daughter ran to my aid. In fear that she would indeed need counseling if I did not pull myself together, I assured her mommy was alright as I hobbled into the house. After numerous doses of advil and the night spent on the heating pad, the only evidence of my lawn chair debacle is a terrible gash on my elbow.

If you ask E what mommy did when she fell out of the chair, she gives the most charming impersonation of me in her best bevis and butthead laugh she says "mommy laughed like huh hu hu".

Hopefully this incident will not be forever imprinted in her memory.

Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment